Thursday, April 29, 2010

Marriage

I have two friends from high school having a discussion on FACEBOOK about how bad their marriages are. How that breaks my heart. My husband and I fight, we have disagreements, but there is never a question of his love for me, or mine for him. It makes me so sad to see that people are having marital problems and ESPECIALLY that they're posting it on facebook for all to see, including their husbands. Thats a lack of respect if I've ever seen one. I have people I talk to about my disagreements with Jim, but I do NOT and will not badmouth him or give details of my relationship with him to everyone. It's between me, him and God anyways. There are times that I have to choose to love him. Times where I am angry and I choose to not let myself be angry.

Jesus tells us to love one another as He has loved us. Love is not always an emotion. It is a command given by Jesus over 2,000 years ago. It is a command that we vow to, with and for God on our wedding day. I adore my husband, with every fiber of my being. But there are days where loving him takes work. And, maybe its because we haven't been married that long that I see this so easily. But, as long as we cling to that, I pray we have a long and mostly happy marriage. And that we never feel the need to dish out our arguments on facebook for the world to see.

Thank you Lord for my wonderful husband. Who loves and respects me above all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers