Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Last week

Man, last week was draining in every way possible.

The physically draining part of it all : I was babysitting all week for a friend of a friend, I had a 5 month old and a 3 yr old all week. And I loved EVERY second of it. I have babysat many times before, and spent a summer as a nanny. I knew I would love being a mom. But I didn't realize how much fun it was going to be, and work. Jim was great with the kids. I've seen him with my niece and nephews, but only for a few days at a time, I had the girls for 6 days. And, at the end of it all, he told me babies aren't nearly as scary as he thought they'd be. YAY!! :0)

And, the emotionally draining stuff. My brother and sister-in-law were planning to move to florida. my brother was able to transfer his position down to florida, and started last week. Two days after starting I got a text from my SIL really stressed out, and thinking she wanted to have Adam come home. We talked for a couple hours and I convinced her that she needed to talk to my brother about it. She did, that night. Adam checked out of the hotel friday night and drove home. They were originally going to stay here, and she was going to apply to a chiropractic school nearby to go to. Saturday morning Sara (my sil) called me and told me that they were probably heading down to florida this summer sometime. GAH! And now, they're not sure WHAT they're going to do. *sigh*

Saying goodbye to Adam once was hard enough. I really don't want to do it again. But I do want what is best for both of them, and for their future. I just wish that was them living nearby, and being the amazing aunt and uncle to jim's and my future children. Next time I have to say goodbye it will be to both of them. They'll both be leaving together this time.

I'm going to miss them :(

I need a hug

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers