Friday, April 2, 2010

The New Covenant

More than 2000 years ago Jesus sacrificed His sinless life on the cross, for our sins. He gave up everything so that we could all have eternal life. The depths of that I cannot understand. The new Covenant completely changed Christianity as we know it. He gave us 2 new rules in place of the hundreds of others under the Mosaic law. He paid the price for the thousands or millions of times we have sinned in our lives. We didn't do anything to deserve any of what He has given us, and yet He gave it anyways. We don't deserve His Love, yet He gives it anyways.

There is so much to reflect on this Resurrection weekend. Thank you, God for giving us this beautiful life. I cannot comprehend what Jesus went through on the cross for my sins. But, I am ever-so-thankful for the life He has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers