Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 5 - Endurance..no matter what

The last day of the conference, was about endurance. How we need to endure when we get home, and the things we can do to continue enduring even when life throws us for a loop.

~Something in our lives will probably hurt when we get home. But endure through the pain. Focus on God and take one more step forward even when you feel like collapsing.

~ To know God is to know life.

~ It is going to be hard going back to school, work, and our family. But God is here, with Him we can endure anything.

~ Make sure your life matters, In all you do Honor God

~ Endure- Take one more step, no matter what happens. God knows how hard life can be. When you feel like running away, just take one more step towards Him. Be like Jesus. One step at a time. The faster you run, the easier it is to fall. Keep a slow and steady pace and focus on the One that matters.

~ what motivates us to endure?
1) fear - Romans 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
2) Reward - Phillipians 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
3) Love - John 15:9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

Love in the bible is a command, not a feeling.

we were given a similar diagram at the conference. I remade it super quick on my computer..so its not that great. But you can get the point. God loved us enough to send his only son Jesus to earth. Jesus loved you and I so much that he gave His life so we could experience eternity in Heaven. In return we need to Love others like God has loved them. And hopefully because of our endurance, and our influence, we will lead others to our Savior.

Amazing to think that little old me has the potential to help people I love fall in love with my Savior. And if I don't model my life after Jesus, I also have the potential of driving people away from God. What a humbling thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers